One guy, a juicer, and a bunch of vegetables.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Whig's Juice Fast, Day 2

A church food table full of tasty treats, lunch meeting at BW3's, and the cookie aisle at Walmart.

These were the battles I fought on Day 2 of the Great Juice Fast of 2011. And I'm proud to report...I won!

Having severe hunger pangs, as well as a little light-headed. But, as I understand, this is normal in the first few days. I spoke to a couple today who just came off a two-week juice fast yesterday, and they promise by week 2 it's a ton easier. I'm gonna hold them to it!

So what are the positives and negatives after two days of juice fasting (and a two day ramp-up)?

-Weight Loss: As of today, I have lost 13 pounds after 2 days (4 days counting the ramp-up period)
-Sleep: Had a little trouble getting to sleep because of hunger, but actually slept great!

-More energy: Woke up very well, a lot of energy. Still took a mid-day nap...Sunday, you know!
-Lessen joint pain: Obviously, no results yet. 

Thoughts

Only two days in, and I feel like it's the biggest battle I've fought in a while. I knew will power would play a role, but it now looks like self discipline will either be the big winner, or the big loser.


No comments:

Post a Comment